Effective Date : 18 September 2019
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please reach out to us at email@example.com
It does not address or govern any information-gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from you other than directly through the Services. Nor does this Policy pertain to third party websites (“Third Party Services”).
We endeavour to work only with Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, however we cannot take responsibility for the practices, content, or privacy policies of Third Party Services. This includes when the Services of Cocktail Collective link to other websites or social media platforms, even if you access them through our Services, or when other websites reference or link to our Services. These other domains and websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, You Tube and Google+ are not controlled by us and we strongly encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of the Third Party Services you access so that you know how they will collect, use, and share your information.
Cocktail Collective actively works to be a responsible seller and supplier of alcohol and to comply fully with the laws that apply in the jurisdictions we operate in and the licensing terms we operate under. To this end, our Services are in no way intended for use by individuals under the age of 18 (“Minors’). Consequently, we do not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group which is why we ask for age verification before you interact with our Services and age confirmation before you proceed to purchase.
We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect information we hold that may personally identify you, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security as no transmission over the Internet or means of electronic storage is 100 percent secure.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We endeavour to only collect information which is relevant for the purposes of Cocktail Collective’s core business. To be clear about what information we may collect:
- Personal Information - this means any information that may identify an individual including name, address, telephone number, email address and other information incidental to providing goods or services. We collect personal information only when you voluntarily provide this to us, such as when you use our Services to order, establish an account, contact us, review our goods and Services, or sign up to receive emails about our latest products and services.
- Web logs and usage information - this may include device and browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and search terms.
- Information from cookies and other technologies - like most websites, our Services may incorporate the use of digital technologies such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies”. These are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website and collectively they allow Cocktail Collective and our service providers to collect information about your interactions with our Services, they allow you to make use of functions such as shopping-carts, and help identify irregular site behaviour, prevent fraudulent activity and they can assist in improving security with regards to our Services. This means our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services.
- Information from Third Party Services - this is where we may receive information about you from other sources that may supplement information previously provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify the information you have provided to Cocktail Collective and improves our ability to provide you with information about our business, products and Services. Instagram is an example of a Third Party Service where we may collect information if, for instance, you share your experience with Cocktail Collective on that platform.
- HOW COCKTAIL COLLECTIVE USES YOUR INFORMATION
By providing information to us through the use of our Services, we are better able to match your interests, tailor better products, services and customer experience for you and it helps us more effectively communicate with you on your purchases, delivery of your orders, promotions, surveys, competitions and other services we provide.
Additionally, information can also help with:
- Marketing of Cocktail Collective Products and Services - providing you with materials about offers, products and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Cocktail Collective may provide these materials to you via online social platforms, websites, phone or email.
- Research and Development - to create non-identifiable information to help us better deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time Cocktail Collective may undertake surveys to perform research, either alone or via a Third Party Service. All survey responses are voluntary and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes.
- Information and Ideation - where you communicate with Cocktail Collective via the Services and in doing so agree that Cocktail Collective is free to use the content of any communication to improve product or Services including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or Services.
- Customer Experience and Interest - where anonymised and aggregated information, such as information about the device from which you access Cocktail Collective Services or de-identified location data, assists us to analyse or measure visitor interest in and use of various portions or feature of the Services.
- Other Uses - Cocktail Collective may use Personal Information for other purposes in which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing or market research.
- DATA TRANSFERS
In the age of the Internet is not unusual for individuals to access websites outside the country they reside or are located in or for any or all information provided via a website to be stored anywhere in the world, including outside the country such users reside or are located in. In some instances this may also mean that in using or interacting with these services, the level of digital information protection offered by a website may be different to that available in the country they normally reside or are located in.
By using or accessing Cocktail Collective’s Services, users who reside outside New Zealand agree and consent to the transfer and processing of Personal Information on servers located outside the country where they reside and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than that required under the laws of their residence or location. For clarity, personal Information collected via or by Cocktail Collective may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in New Zealand, in the cloud, on our servers or servers of affiliates or service providers. By providing information to Cocktail Collective, you are aware and consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
- INSTANCES WHERE COCKTAIL COLLECTIVE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your information as described in this Policy with Third Party Services for example, to comply with legal obligations, to protect and defend our rights and property, or with your permission.
We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information such as via the provision of IT and related services, payment processing, customer services activities and the provision of our Services.
There may be instances where, upon engaging with the Services, the information you provide may also be shared via display to other users. The content you post in engaging with the Services may be displayed and other users may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other users who may view and use the posted information.
We may also share or disclose Personal Information to comply with law enforcement or legal process such as a court order, to collect monies owed to Cocktail Collective, or if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- OPT- OUT
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information and may withdraw by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You should be aware that even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your interaction with the Services such as for reporting purposes or measuring user engagement with the Services.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt-out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt.
On your devices you may also be able to set your web browser to opt for “Do Not Track” features. “Do Not Track” (”DNT”) is a privacy preference that can be set in certain browsers and is a way users can inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about the webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. You may also be able to set your web browser to reject or disable cookies.
You are often able to delete cookies from your web browser once you leave a website. Note that cookie-based opt-outs are not yet effective on mobile applications, however, on some mobile devices users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
Cocktail Collective uses Google Analytics to distill and analyse interaction with our Services. You can choose to opt-out of Google Analytics, which will prevent data from being collected and used, here. Please be aware that you will need to perform opt-out actions on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out.
- ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, AND ERASURE OF INFORMATION
You, the individual concerned, may send an e-mail to email@example.com to request access to, receive, seek to correct, update, or request erasure of any or all Personal Information about you that is held by Cocktail Collective.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you, the individual concerned, have the right to access Personal Information held in Cocktail Collective’s database.
Cocktail Collective makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, however, there may be circumstances in which Cocktail Collective is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question, where information can not be readily retrieved, where the request is vexatious, frivolous or trivial or where it is commercially proprietary. If Cocktail Collective determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Cocktail Collective will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice to the Services or sending an e-mail to you.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Cocktail Collective retains the Personal Information received as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.